More and more foreign entrepreneurs are looking to start sole proprietor business in Kenya. We have compiled information that will help entrepreneurs outside Kenya to start their business under Sole Proprietorship.
In order to register a sole proprietorship company, all foreign entrepreneurs are required to provide the following requirements;
1. Name of Business – (Business name suggestions will be required. Learn more about Business Name Search)
2. Nature of business – What type of business are you looking to start! Kindly note that you will require to put one nature of business. If you want to supply a diverse products/service, it is recommended to use Limited Liability Company
3. Address of the principal place of business – (Plot No., Section and Name of Street or Road, Name of Building)
4. Postal Address – (If you don’t have one, you will be required to apply for a P.O. Box through Posta)
5. Address of any other place of business (Branch Office under the above name)
6. Full Names of you and any other partners – (You can also add more names if you are intending to run your business with more than one person)
10. Usual place of residence
11. Other business occupation
12. Signature – usually at the back page of the BN2 Form)
Duration: 2 Weeks (This will entirely depend on how quick the name search is performed, filling of the business name registration form and submission of those documents in the Company Registry)
Now that you have complied with the above requirements. You can now start your entrepreneurship journey in Kenya.
Photo Courtesy of info.legalzoom.com