Kenya’s budding entrepreneurs are being invited to attend the Ignite Scaling Your Business Upwards Summit alongside some of the continent’s top business leaders.
Scaling your Business Upwards is an innovative new Summit organised by Njeri Rionge and Ignite Consulting offering local SMEs and upcoming entrepreneurs the opportunity to network with their peers and industry leaders, and to learn how to expand and grow their companies. The Ignite Scaling Your Business Upwards Summit will be held on 18-19 September 2012 at The Junction Mall, Nairobi.
Hosting the Summit will be Njeri Rionge, Executive Director, Ignite Consulting and Insite Ltd. She will be joined by a host of industry leading speakers including:
- Joseph Mucheru, Sub-Saharan Africa Ambassador and Country Manager Kenya, Google
- Godwin Wang’ong’u, Founder and Senior Partner , Wangong’u & Company Advocates
- Tabitha Karanja, CEO, Keroche Industries
- John Ngumi, Director Investment Banking Africa, Stanbic Bank
- Dr. Bitange Ndemo, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Information Communication
- Eric Kimani, Founder Trustee, Chairman Board of Directors, Palmhouse Foundation
The high profile panels will discuss four themes, essential for those looking for expert advice for their business ideas:
1. Start- Up Financial Management and Fundraising
2. Business Development & IT as an Enabler
3. Operating Environment and Governance
4. Organisational Development Strategies
Commenting, Njeri Rionge, Executive Director, Ignite Consulting and Insite Ltd. and Chair of the event said, “The Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) sector in Kenya and East Africa accounts for approximately 90% of all firms and employs as many as 60% of employees,driving innovation and competition as part of a dynamic and fast growing entrepreneurial marketplace.”
“I hope that this new Summit will address all the questions that entrepreneurs and growing businesses would like answered, and will become a forum that encourages business leaders to share their experiences. The SME sector in Kenya is such a rich source of growth and innovation for this region and I want to support it as much as I can”.
The Ignite Scaling Your Business Upwards Summit will be held on 18-19 September 2012 at The Junction Mall, Nairobi.
Photo & Content Courtesy of Ignite Consulting