Ever thought of starting a business in Kenya. Well, one of the crucial things that you must begin in the business registration process is to reserve a Company Name.
This will prevent any other entrepreneur from taking the company name you want or the name you trade under. The name reservation can last up-to 30 Days but can be renewed before expiration.
The company registry has request all entrepreneurs searching for company name should request it in an official letter structure. Don’t worry, Fenesi loves entrepreneurs. That’s why we have provided a downloadable link below for a FREE Business Name Search Letter Template to get you started.Download Business Name Search Letter Template – Microsoft Word – 22KB
Here is a check-list to guide in the process of business name search;
- Write letter to Company Registry to request for name search
- List at least 3 potential names (you can still perform 1 name search)
- Deliver letter to Counter 1 at Registrar General, near Sheria house
- Pick search results after 2-3 days
- Sign the Blue A4 name search letter attached on search result form
- Use approved name search to register your sole proprietor or partnership or limited company.
What You Need To Know
Location: Registrar General, Near Sheria House
Cost: Ksh. 100 per name (Duration: 2-3 Days)