Looking to register a Sole Proprietorship Business in Kenya! Well you will be required to fill your Business Name Registration form (BN/2) after performing a business name search. We have made it easier & simpler for you to understand how to fill BN/2 form.
As you pick the Business Name Search result from Company Registry, next Sheria House, you will be given a BN/2 form from the counter. However, if you are unable to get the physical form you can therefore download it from Dealpoa – Business Registration Service Provider.
How To Fill Business Registration Form (BN/2)
1. Business name – You will need to insert the approved business name that was carried out during a name search. Make sure it matched with the name on the letter issued to you by Company Registry approving the name for registration.
2. Nature of business – It should be very clear. General words such as “shop” or “retail trade” are not allowed and in case you are doing a kiosk, salon and restaurant under the same name it won’t be approved if you list them under ‘Nature of business’. However, you can upgrade to Limited Liability Company, which will give you more freedom to be able to do various nature of business under the same company.
3. Date of commencement – You should write down when you believe you will begin your business. It should be noted particularly that a Statement of Particulars can only be lodged after business is begun.
4. Address of the principal place of business – You will be required to fully complete this section with Land Office reference number or Plot number. However, if you don’t have an office since you are simply beginning, you can put your residential address then later apply to change it at the Company Registry.
5. Postal address – You will need to give out your postal address. If you don’t have one, you will need to apply for it in the Posta
6. Address of any other places of business – If you have any company or business branches in the country operating under the same business name, then you will be required to enter their addresses in this section.
7. Particulars of proprietor or partners – If you are planning to run the business alone, then you will need to fill in your information as indicated.
Signature – Once you have finished filling the form, you will be required to sign it at the back page.
You will be required to pay Ksh. 800 for the BN/2 form submission at the Cash Counter.
Now you are ready to start your business and create your financial freedom.
Here Is To Your Success!
Photo Courtesy of wiganandleighcarerscentre.org.uk