With new systems, you would think that things will get better but more and more Kenyans have been getting frustrated while trying to register their KRA PIN. For all KRA PIN applications to be processed, a Tax Agent is required in order to complete the registration.
Am not sure if this is a security measure put in place by the Government where they would like to use Tax Agents to vet all applicant before they are fully registered on the new iTax system. If you are simply looking to register your KRA PIN, then you’ll need to visit iTax official website.
Documents You Must Have
In this article, we will outline the steps of applying to be a tax agent for KRA. Here are the requirements you need to provide;
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Tax Compliance Certificate
You will be required to fill an application form that will contain the following;
- Name of applicant – Fullnames as shown on your ID/Passport
- PIN number (for example A12345678A)
- Registered/Physical address: Street/Road, Postal Address, Telephone, and Email address
- Professionals: – For professionals applicants, you will be expected to fill the name of profession, name of professional body and the registration number will be required for all professional applicants.
- Non Professionals: – For non-professional applicants, KRA mentions that you need to attach a brief two page curriculum vitae (CV) summarizing your work experience, academic and professional qualifications if any
- Tax Compliance Certificate – Serial Number and Date of Issue will need to be filled in.
After filling the form, you will need to sign the document before submission to KRA. Please note that professional applicants are required by KRA to get endorsement from their professional body.
KRA also has indicated that all persons practicing as firms or other legal entities, the certificate of registration shall be issued in the individual names of the proprietors.
The form can be downloaded on the KRA website. However, we have provided you with a link below to make it easier for you;
Please note that this application is not for individuals who want to register for KRA PIN, but only for individuals who want to become KRA Tax Agent so they can assist other people to register their KRA PIN.
Here is to your success in becoming a Tax Agent